"I know this scarf"

One of my favorite scarf patterns is the Chinook Scarf by Ali Green. I've made it in different yarns, on different needles, and have modified it more often than not to be longer than the original pattern. Here's a link to the pattern:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chinook-scarf

My most recent Chinook Scarf was a gift for Marie, who's also a knitter. The yarn I used, and liked very much, is Flertini from Knit One, Crochet Too:

"Fleurtini is a soft yarn with a slight texture. It knits up quickly and is suitable for year-round wear. Hand wash cold and lay flat to dry.
34% Wool
34% Manufactured Fibers - Acrylic
26% Cotton
6% Manufactured Fibers - Nylon / Polyamide"


When she pulled the scarf out of the recycled-plastic Blue Q purse I gave her, she said, "I know this scarf!"

Hot Rocks Messenger Bag

She draped it around her neck as she handed her baby the pull-apart animals I brought him from the US. I was pleased at how long the scarf is! All on a pleasant day in Prague.


Comments

Popular Posts